This review features the Umbrella Kodi Addon which is one of the most popular add-ons today for streaming movies, TV shows, cartoons, and more.
Is Umbrella Kodi Addon safe to use? Is Umbrella Kodi Addon legal? What channels does Umbrella Kodi Addon have? We will answer those questions and more in this article.
The reason why we ask legal questions is due to the fact that Umbrella isn’t available in Kodi’s official repository. This is sometimes a warning sign.
Umbrella is a Kodi Movie Addon that features Movies and TV Shows for streaming. This is located in the Umbrella Repository.
Important Note: This add-on only works with Real-Debrid and other premium debrid services to provide the highest quality streaming links.
Unlike other popular Kodi addons like The Crew, Umbrella does not offer live tv streaming.
Since this add-on can’t be installed through the official Kodi repository, it must be installed from a 3rd party provider which we show in the tutorial below.
NOTE: If you don’t have Kodi installed on your device, you can install the latest stable release using the tutorial below.
How to Install Kodi on Firestick
Umbrella Kodi can be installed on any Android-powered device including the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, NVIDIA Shield, and more.
The categories within this add-on include Discover Movies, Discover TV Shows, YouTube Videos, Tools, Premium Services, Search, and more.
As you will see, the Umbrella Kodi addon does not offer any options for live streaming.
If you are looking for the best way to view live tv on any device, we suggest our updated list of IPTV Services.
Best IPTV Services
For those unfamiliar with IPTV services, IPTV stands for “Internet protocol television.” In other words – live television through the Internet.
What is IPTV? – Beginner’s Guide to IPTV
There are thousands of Kodi addons and Umbrella is one of the best available.
Below you find information on this Kodi Addon including how to install, features, categories, and more.
Table of Contents
- 1 Is Umbrella Kodi Addon Safe?
- 2 How to Install Umbrella Kodi Addon
- 3 Add Real-Debrid to Umbrella Kodi Addon
- 4 Is Umbrella Kodi Addon Legal?
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5.1 What is Umbrella Kodi Addon?
- 5.2 Does Umbrella Kodi Addon have Movies?
- 5.3 Is this Kodi add-on free?
- 5.4 What devices can this Kodi add-on be installed on?
- 5.5 Related
Is Umbrella Kodi Addon Safe?
Before I install this, I first want to scan their repository URL with VirusTotal.
Here is the screenshot of the scan results.
Try Surfshark Risk-Free Now!
VirusTotal did not find any suspicious files or malware within the Umbrella repository URL.
However, this does not mean we shouldn’t protect ourselves when streaming content from this unverified 3rd party add-on.
Kodi even alerts users during setup that these 3rd party Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on our device.
The best way to protect yourself when using the Umbrella Kodi addon is with a VPN.
Best VPN for IPTV
Now, here are the steps we went through to install the Umbrella Kodi Addon through their repository.
How to Install Umbrella Kodi Addon
1. After Kodi is installed on your device, launch Kodi and click the Settings icon.
2. Click System.
3. Hover over the Add-ons menu and turn on Unknown sources.
4. Read the warning message and click Yes.
This is another reminder to use a VPN when running these unverified, 3rd party Kodi addons such as Umbrella.
5. Next click the back button on your remote and select File manager.
6. Click Add source.
7. Click the <None> icon to open the search box.
8. Enter the following URL and click OK – https://umbrellaplug.github.io/
Note: This is the official source of the Umbrella Kodi Addon.
9. Name the media source whatever you prefer and click OK.
10. Click the back button and select Add-ons.
11. Click Install from zip file.
12. Locate and select your media source.
13. Click the zip file URL – repository.umbrella-2.1.35zip
Try Surfshark Risk-Free Now!
14. Wait a few seconds for the Umbrella Repo Add-on installed message to appear.
15. Next click Install from repository.
16. Click Umbrella Repository.
17. Choose Video add-ons.
18. Click Umbrella.
19. Click Install.
20. Wait for the Umbrella Kodi Addon installed message to appear.
21. Return back to the home screen of Kodi and hover over Add-ons. Then select Umbrella.
22. Installation of the Umbrella Kodi Addon is now complete. Enjoy!
Continue reading below for adding Real-Debrid and other important features of this add-on.
WARNING! YOU’RE BEING TRACKED
Your online activity is actively tracked by IPTV developers, your Internet Service Provider, and government through your identifying IP address.
IPTV services have been tied to organized crime and you don’t want your personal details in their hands.
Stream anonymously by using Surfshark VPN.
Surfshark will encrypt your connection to the Internet and mask your IP address so you will become anonymous.
SAVE UP TO 82% WITH THIS LAST CHANCE DISCOUNT
Surfshark backs their service with a 30-day money back guarantee.
Surfshark allows you to use your account on unlimited Internet-connected devices
Add Real-Debrid to Umbrella Kodi Addon
As mentioned previously, the Umbrella add-on only works with Real-Debrid and other debrid services for premium links.
For those new to Real-Debrid, this is an unrestricted downloading service that will alleviate buffering for Kodi add-ons and streaming apps.
Follow the short guide below for adding Real-Debrid within the Umbrella Kodi add-on.
1. First you must sign up for a Real-Debrid account if you don’t have one already.
2. Launch the Umbrella Kodi Addon
3. Click Tools.
4. Click My Accounts: Settings
Try Surfshark Risk-Free Now!
5. Within the Debrid Accounts menu on the left, scroll down and select Authorize under Real-Debrid.
6. This screen will appear. Write down the code for authorizing Real-Debrid.
7. Open an Internet browser on another device and go to the following page – https://real-debrid.com/device.
Then enter the code from the previous step and click Continue.
8. Your Real-Debrid application is now approved!
9. Return back to Umbrella and you will notice a Real-Debrid “Success” message appear on the top of your screen. Then click OK.
10. You have successfully integrated Real-Debrid within the Umbrella Kodi add-on.
If you are looking for more addons with other content options, see our guides below:
Best Kodi Sports Addons
Best Kodi Porn Addons
Is Umbrella Kodi Addon Legal?
It’s impossible for IPTV Wire to determine whether these unverified Kodi addons hold the proper licensing.
If and when a Kodi add-on is deemed illegal, we notify our users immediately and update reports on our website to reflect that information.
In conclusion, the end-user is responsible for all content accessed through unverified Kodi addons such as Umbrella.
You can view Kodi’s full list of verified add-ons from their official website.
Overall, Umbrella is a well-known Kodi add-on that provides a large number of VOD Content that can be installed on any Firestick/Android device.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: IPTV WIRE does not own or operate any IPTV service or streaming application. We do not host or distribute any applications. We do not verify whether IPTV services or app developers carry the proper licensing. The end-user shall be solely responsible for media accessed through any device, app, addon, or service mentioned on our Website.
For 100% legal IPTV service, IPTV WIRE recommends Vidgo.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Umbrella Kodi Addon?
Umbrella is a free Kodi add-on that provides movies, TV shows, and other VOD content.
Does Umbrella Kodi Addon have Movies?
Yes. Umbrella features Movies and TV Shows for streaming.
Is this Kodi add-on free?
Yes. This Kodi add-on is 100% free to use on any streaming device.
What devices can this Kodi add-on be installed on?
This Kodi add-on is available for installation on any device that runs the Android operating system. This includes the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, and any Android device.